Sheraton Columbus Hotel at Capitol Square
Information for Attendees
The Ohio Genealogical Society is pleased to announce the program schedule and registration for its 54th Annual Conference, OHIO: Your Genealogical Cornerstone. The conference will be held April 9-11, 2015, at the Sheraton Columbus Hotel at Capitol Square in Columbus, with numerous pre-conference activities on April 8. The Legal Genealogist, Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL, will give the keynote address.
The twelve-page program brochure is now available to view and download:
Download Conference Booklet
Registration is open for both online and mail-in options:
Hotel reservations may be made at the special conference rate. Attendees will enjoy free Wifi in all guest rooms and conference
facilities, as well as complimentary parking for one car per room.
Book Your Hotel Room
Pre-conference activities on Wednesday, April 8, include tours and research opportunities at the Ohio History Center, tours of the Ohio Statehouse, and several workshops at the hotel. From Thursday through Saturday, family historians of all experience levels can select from over 90 presentations on a wide variety of topics to enhance their genealogical skills and understanding of their ancestors. The conference features 44 expert speakers from across the country. Tracks include:
Thursday: Organizing & Productivity, Problem-Solving Strategies, Records & Resources, Across the Ocean, Sharing Family History,
and Forensic Genealogy
Friday: Skill Building, Technology Tools, German Ancestors, Methods for Success, Military Research, and African American & Southern Ancestors
Saturday: Getting Started, Records & Resources, DNA/Genetic Genealogy, Ohio Ancestors, Research Challenges, and Preserving Your Heritage
A variety of social events, including luncheons and an informal evening gathering with live music, are offered for attendees to make and renew connections with others who share a passion for genealogy. New this year are express breakfast and grab-and-go lunch options. Businesses and societies will offer their products, books, software, expertise, and more in the exhibit hall.
Sign up to receive posts from the OGS Conference Blog, www.ogs.org/blog, for updates and details about conference activities.
The Ohio Genealogical Society, founded in 1959, is the largest state genealogical society in the nation. We look forward to welcoming you to Columbus in April!
Information for ExhibitorsExhibitor Registration Form
Each exhibit space registration includes:
- Signage, draped table, two chairs, electric and Wi-Fi access
- One complimentary conference registration and one electronic syllabus
- Listing in conference syllabus (50 word maximum)
- Website listing and link to your webpage
- Thursday 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Friday 9:30am to 6:00pm
- Saturday 9:30am to 4:00pm
- Door Prizes The donation of any item suitable for a door prize would be greatly appreciated. If items are received before 1 February 2015, donor names will appear in the conference syllabus and on the conference website. Any questions regarding door prizes should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Syllabus Advertisements Conference advertising opportunities are offered to exhibitors at reduced rates. These opportunities are limited and are available on a first come, first served basis. Email ads to email@example.com
Door prizes should be sent to: 2015 OGS Door Prize Chair, Ohio Genealogical Society, 611 State Route 97 West, Bellville, Ohio 44813
|Inside Back||7.5” x 10”||$500|
|Inside Front||7.5” x 10”||$350|
|Full Page||7.5” x 10”||$250|
|Half Page||7.5” x 5”||$175|
|Quarter Page||3.5” x 5”||$100|
Ads may be submitted in TIFF or PDF formats. All files must be at least 300dpi. Any fonts used in the ads must be either converted to outlines or embedded in the file. Deadline for ad submission is February 1, 2015.